Upcoming MMORPG's

Whaaaaa?! You actually want to talk about something that has nothing to do with Helkpo or with WoW?

Upcoming MMORPG's

Postby Khulod » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Hello Helkpeoples. It's been a while. Yes, it is I, Khulod, returned from the dead.

I don't know about you guys, but I've been tired of WoW for a long time. Mists of Pandaria added little for me to want to keep playing. All I saw was just another equipment grind reset and some little candy in the form of pet battles. Even the Monk class couldn't amuse me for long. I moved on for greener pastures. Sadly, those were hard to find. Guild Wars 2 couldn't amuse me for long either. I now kill some time with Planetside 2 but that tune is drawing to an end. I miss the social aspects of gaming like a fun guild to play with. So I want to return to MMORPG's, but the pickings are so very, very few.

Two titles currently hold my interest. The first is Neverwinter, which is set in Dungeons and Dragons' Forgotten Realms. many of you may know the Neverwinter nights series. Well, it's that city. Baldur's Gate is around the corner from it. The game looks pretty ok, I watched some extensive beta weekend coverage and the game looks smooth and fun. The endgame may be very worthwhile as players can create content like new dungeons. Another selling point? It's free to play (with an ingame store) but it's not pay to win; the ingame currency can be grinded if so desired and as far as can be discerned can't be used to get instant full epics. Definately a title to watch for. The last announced beta weekend is at the end of March and I would expect a release soon after that.

The second title is Elder Scrolls Online. At first I was quite cynical, as TES has always been a singleplayer experience but after some previews I am starting to lean the opposite way. Still, it's too early to say how it will unfold until people can actually play it. I expect that title later this year.

So what are you guys looking forward to?
Khulod

Re: Upcoming MMORPG's

Postby Ckosh » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:29 pm

I'll be playing TES for sure

It's the one fantasy series I've been into from the get go.

So I'll probably play until content dries up.
I can't see it being bad. If it's skyrim in 3rd person with other real people running around it'll be e xactly what I want.

Being a fanboy Will help cover up cracks in gameplay.
My only fear is not becoming as powerful as you can in theone player games
Ckosh
Helkpo

Postby Tohya » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:29 pm

I dunno, I'm quite happy with Guild Wars 2, it offers me quick gratification and is basically what I expected and hoped it to be.

I think some expected it to be more than an MMO could be.

In fact, the only real criticism I have is of the last fight in Arah. Could it be more of an anti-climax? Ignoring one fight in one dungeon, it's still a solid MMO that rewards all kinds of play.
Now: GW2
tohya po 80 norn guardian cooking 400 jeweling 400
soiled po 80 sylvari ranger huntsman 446 weaponsmith 500
emilia thorpe 80 human warrior armoursmith 500 artificer 223
myni po 43 asura engineer leatherworking 456

orken po 49 charr necromancer tailor 445

Then: WoW
tohya tinisthala junpei
rinnadin erika erunta honeyb
Tohya
Helkpo

Postby wemwom » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:19 pm

I'm also on for the ESO bandwagon. It's pretty much the only gaming thing I'm looking forward to as I don't have much time for gaming anymore.
wemwom
Helkpo

Postby Khulod » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:49 am

Soooooo, I return yet again, Helkpeoples!

So Neverwinter. Wow, what a frigging disappointment that was. Dumped that after a few weeks and never looked back. (Ok I did, once or twice, just to be reminded of it's crappiness).

TES is on it's way, and it's not all it's hyped to be either, but a whole lot better then Neverwinter, that's for sure. So I'm wondering if folk are still on that bandwagon.

Then there's of course Wildstar, which may be my saving grace, but that's a bit farther off.

What are your plans? Still playing WoW?
Khulod

Postby Poops-MacGee » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:50 pm

Everquest Next and Landmark... MMO and mincraft all in one!
Mr R.T.Bear wrote:Nothing like a good struggle cuddle to brighten up your day

WoW - PMacGee: Orc Warlock 87, Monkbro: Panda Monk 91, Helkbro: Tauren Druid 48, ?: Tauren Warrior 56, Hairymanback: Worgen Druid 1

Poops-MacGee

Postby Marsha » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 pm

Neverwinter was actually pretty decent for a free to play.
ESO looks like a shit in a shiny suit.
Guildwars 2 - some people really like this, I got bored when I reached 60 levels of nothing but grind. It felt like punnishment.
SW:TOR - still loads of fun if you like actual RP games.
Wow - still the best MMO.
Wildstar - looks and feels like a spiritual successor to WoW. Here's hoping it's decent.
Lotorio - Hoarding all your loot since 2004
Marsha
Helkpo

Postby wemwom » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 pm

I'm still on the ESO bandwagon. I really enjoyed the last beta, and I'm super excited about the next one tomorrow. It pretty much fed me exactly what I wanted, and I'm sorry for those of you who don't hold the same opinion: TESO is clearly just not the game for you. But it is for meeeee :D
wemwom
Helkpo

Postby Kovacs » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:06 am

i'm poking around star wars ATM, its kinda sweet...if you squint it's like a really good single player Bioware RPG:

check the "we piss on blizzard" cinematic..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm4JEZudf0c
Something Something Sacrifice....You?
Kovacs
Worse Than Yendis

Postby Khulod » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:45 am

Well, maybe we can hook up today on the ESO beta! :D

I also pre-ordered the game because I'm a fanboy. ^^
Khulod

Postby wemwom » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Khulod wrote:Well, maybe we can hook up today on the ESO beta! :D

I also pre-ordered the game because I'm a fanboy. ^^

I have too. Imperial edition. I wanted the Molag Bal statue very badly...
wemwom
Helkpo

Postby Khulod » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:27 pm

Meh, didn't care for it.

Few more hours! :D

Hope it goes better then the last weekend, that stress test made me crash a few times.

Oh, where do you play? I have a Khajiit.
Khulod

Postby wemwom » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:43 pm

It wasn't just the statue, I liked all the physical items that came in the pack.

I'm currently running 3 characters as I wanted to see all the starting areas, but I have no doubts that my main will be Bosmer. Which Alliance to be with however, is a difficult choice...
wemwom
Helkpo

Postby Khulod » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:08 pm

Well, my name is Ri'Misha, try to hook up, I'm on now
Khulod

Postby wemwom » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:58 pm

My username is wemwom (surprise surprise) - I'm actually so tired I have to go for a nap. I was on briefly but the tired won. Will add you when I log on next!
wemwom
Helkpo

Return to Non Helkpo/WoW Stuff