A new path.

Read up on the history of the Helkpii. This is where the legends are told.

A new path.

Postby Marsha » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:22 am

The wind blew cold and hard over the hillside. The magic which had protected this vale had been shattered when the thrice cursed Garrosh had tipped the heart of an old god into the pools contained here. Marsha looked over the devastation. Still small malign spirits scampered around seeking to suck the life from any who laid a foot upon the soil.

Or a hoof. She almost laughed.

The unearthly scream snapped her around and she brought her spear to bear on the largest of the four creatures which now bubbled up from the ground. For a warrior such as she, these beasts were nothing. For the farmers of these lands however, they were a threat to their way of life. Bravely these Pandaren had faced thier fears and made a start rebuilding what the Horde had destroyed. She had been a part of that destruction, serving proudly for so many years for the Glory of the Horde. Now she was tired.

She finished her patrol amongst the ruins of the terrace and mounted to return back to her farmstead. Today, it ended. She was done with the fight for the glory of another. Today she took her own life back and helped right the terrible wrong that shamed her soul. These simple folk had taught her another way. For so many years she had fought, blinded by the death of her mate. She had let go of that anger, that hatred. She had taken the lessons taught in the flesh of this land and they had made her whole.

As she rode she thought of the many heroes she had fought with - All gone now. Died. Moved on. Some still fighting on other worlds against evils she didn't pretend to understand. Too many good friends lost over the years. Too many times, good and bad, forgotten. Even the Epic Fish of Health had rotted eventually.

She dismounted at the gate to the farm, leading the shy Kodo into the stable. Removing it's saddle and tack she hung it upon the wall. A cough disturbed her. She whirled, warrior reflexes still sharp after all these years had her spear in her hands before she could think. Before her, Marsha saw a female warrior dressed in battlefield plate armour. It looked unworn, unlike her own which had absorbed more blows than she could remember. An Orc? Was this another enemy to be fought?

"Lok-tar Ogar, friend. I have your orders from the new Warchief." Her voice was bold, but obviously she was young.
"For me? No. I no longer serve Garrosh or Thrall. Cairne is dead, Vol'jin is unknown to me. Today I leave the Horde." Marsha did not relax her defensive stance, even though this untried youngster was not her match in combat, she might have been unpredictable. She did not wish to kill anyone today.
The orc raised her eyebrow. "I am Valnok, Daughter of the Horde. Is there more to it than dereliction of duty?"
Marsha's eyes narrowed. "I helped desecrate this land. I aided Garrosh's forces. Now I shall make amends, I shall walk the land..the Nomad spirit is still in me.. and I shall help to heal it and it's people."
Valnok looked hard at her, then smiled. "I expected nothing less commander!" She handed marsha a tightly bound scroll. "Vol'jin himself thought this might be the case. He knew you did not wish to perpertrate the madness that Garrosh unleashed. Beating your sword into a plowshear after so many years in the feild carries much honor! You are released from your ties of duty."

Marsha looked at her visitor for a moment, wondering if this was a deception. Sensing no duplicity she lowered her spear. "As easy as that? No catches?"
"As easy as that. The Horde will protect it's people, of course. The Warchief has suggested you meet Taran Zhu, He thinks you will have much in common. Perhaps you will show him that the horde is not comprised of madmen like Garrosh."
Marsha nodded. A little abashed she looked at what she was holding in her hands. "I am sorry for this..too long have I been a warrior fighting for someone elses honor, quick to anger, quick to judge. Valnok, please, let me show you the hospitality I have neglected."
Valnok smiled. "Much as I would love to, I must prepare myself. Draenor, the land of my birth awaits. It calls to my blood!"
Marsha nodded. After so many years of adventure, she understood that siren call. "Very well then. Let us part as friends and before you go, I must insist you take something with you." She walked from the stables into the small dwelling which she called home - soon all this would be gone and the plains would be her walls and the night sky her ceiling. On the wall hung the blade. It had been many years, but the blade was still black as night.
"This is a blade for a warrior. It saved my life many times and I have never met it's equal in battle. Perhaps you will find it's twin? Who can say. I certainly won't need it where I'm traveling." Marsha lifted it from the wall, It seemed to drink in the light. "A blade of darkness, to be sure, but I set it to a higher purpose than mere slaughter. The blade of a protector of the Horde. It is called 'Iblis', it hungers to be used."
Valnok stepped back inadvertantly when Marsha offered her the sword. "I cannot.." she began.
"But you must. This responsibility was my burden. I am not sure if you are up to it, but I sense you are worthy of finding out." Marsha gently but firmly put the blade in Valnok's hands.

Later she thought back to their meeting. It had been the last burden of a broken path, now passed on to someone younger who would carry it forward into legend. Marsha packed the last of her meagre belongings on her trusty Kodo and set off to find out where the road would lead her.
Last edited by Marsha on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lotorio - Hoarding all your loot since 2004
Marsha
Helkpo

Re: A new path.

Postby Marsha » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:24 am

**I've recently race changed my oldest character Marsha. I didn't want to do it without a farewell to her. Here's hoping she's able to meet the challenges of the future and that Valnok is able to live up to her reputation!**
Marsha
Helkpo

Postby voltje » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:53 pm

voltje

Postby Ckosh » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:30 pm

Even the Epic Fish of Health had rotted eventually

<3

Also why the race change?!
Ckosh
Helkpo

Postby Marsha » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Ckosh wrote:Even the Epic Fish of Health had rotted eventually

<3

I just wanted to get a new character model - I prefer female Orc to female Tauren.
Marsha had her day, I just didn't feel like playing the same character since the class had changed so much since she played last. Valnok will carry her legend forward!
Marsha
Helkpo

Postby Ckosh » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:42 am

Marsha wrote:
Ckosh wrote:Even the Epic Fish of Health had rotted eventually

<3

I just wanted to get a new character model - I prefer female Orc to female Tauren.
Marsha had her day, I just didn't feel like playing the same character since the class had changed so much since she played last. Valnok will carry her legend forward!

HELKROAR FOR VALNOK!
Ckosh
Helkpo

Return to Stories of the Helkpii