3 Egyptians, 1 guild (hopefully)

You wish to join the Helkpii? Are you absolutely certain? I guess there are still fools out there. Read here on how to join this... short bus adventuring group.

3 Egyptians, 1 guild (hopefully)

Postby pravum » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:21 pm

Hey there. We're three very like-minded buddies from Egypt, ages 25+ who happen to be looking for a like-minded guild, and after reading some forum posts and talking with Mailliah, it seems like we're onto something here. We are well versed in everything that makes for a good WoW player, fluent in spoken English, cringy memes, the ability to sarcastically complain about any subject.
This might be a lengthy one as we've decided to make one that encompasses all three of us as a mini group since this is how we view ourselves when it comes to WoW, and gaming in general.

1 WoW!
Which is your main character (please provide an armory link), and which roles can you fill comfortably?

This is my main. Arms. DPS>Tank
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ybracket=1
This is my first friend. Discipline>Holy>maybe Shadow in 8.1? Grill irl PogChamp
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... metric=hps
Second friend's main. Restoration>Elemental
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... estoration

What do you like to do when you play WoW (PvP, Raiding etc.)?

We all love doing a bit of everything. But if I have to put them in order, it'd be something like this: M+, Raiding, Transmog, Alts, PvP.
We're looking to make Raiding our top priority instead of M+ by joining PO.

2 You?
Why did you choose to apply to HELKPO?

I want to preface this by making it clear that we're neither an extremely casual bunch, nor are we annoyingly competitive, we're just looking for a guild environment that is stable enough to form lasting friendships and progressing as a team of buddies without compromising the community aspect.

Originally we tried our hand on two previous guild since BFA's launch, trying to look for a good balance between community and progression, and I regret to say it, but things failed miserably.
Without mentioning names, the first guild tried to go way too hardcore for us and decided to fill up the guild with as many members as possible resulting in having three different raid teams with VERY varying degree of success with the "main" team reaching Mythic very quickly to us on the last team not having enough people attending to even form a guild group. This caused a big divide in the guild, and all of the original founders left as a result.
The second guild had a great community and we even left on great terms, but i believe they were too casual for us, and even for some of their original members as the same problem did occur where most raid days would have around 5 or 6 members online and having to pug the rest or delay the raid day indefinitely.
We did our due research this time with HELKPO, and we truly believe HELKPO to truly be a gem among stones so to speak. It's not easy finding a guild that we feel strongly about just by reading how its members interact. We love the pink Helkpo kitty themed forums by the way.

Tell us a little about yourself in the world outside of WoW…

Although we were born and live in Egypt, we couldn't be further away from its culture and standards. I hate to say it but we're only Egyptians by name, whether that's a positive or a negative thing is up for you to decide, but to us it is just the reality of the situation. We're all about doing things that would help us forget the fact we're Egyptian citizens. I work as a real estate investor from home. Geistx(Shaman) works as an accountant, currently looking for work in the UAE. Ahealer(Priest) as also as disconnected from our culture as we are. Even playing WoW is a big part of it.

Be that as it may, here's a few things about us individually.
Geistx is a really big fan of dick jokes. I don't have a better way of putting it. He gets very creative. He's also a bit of a genius especially when it comes to numbers, obviously. He plays all healers at a competitive level, and his main hobby is collecting as much information as possible about literally anything. He's very knowledgeable and will talk to you about any subject whatsoever, and will enthusiastically listen to you speak about any subject as well. Last thing I'd add is that his laugh is the most unique laugh on Earth. You'll get what I mean when you hear it.

Ahealer is our lucky charm. She's extremely lucky, and I mean extremely lucky. Titanforging like we're still in Legion, we have to have her on discord if we want to get any loot from world bosses. Just yesterday, she randomly wishes for an azerite chest with Weal and Woe trait on the Talanji Expedition's azerite armor cache, and she gets it. Targeting azerite traits is completely fine and she's the proof. Jokes aside, she's definitely the most competitive, yet kindest of the three of us by a good margin, and also the saltiest.

I'm the kind of DPS who would stand in the fire and ask my two friends for spothealing to inflate my DPS and get these phat DPS logs on warcraftlogs to then humbly brag about them in my guild membership request thread. That's about it. I'm also pretty lazy hence the working from home part. It's very good money, but not life affirming in the slightest.

3 WTF!?
What is your most embarrassing raiding moment? Go into detail!

Standing in the fire and asking my two friends for spothealing to inflate my DPS and get these phat DPS logs on warcraftlogs to then humbly brag about them in my guild membership request thread, and them saying no. I died, the end.

We have just wiped for the 17th time on a difficult new boss. Which item on your desk do you bite down on in rage or throw at the wall?

Bite on my ass in rage. Throw my dick at the wall. This is as creative as I can get.

If we had an award programme in guild what would you give as prizes? Of course prizes come with a certificate. Please can you design the certificate you would use and attach it to your application.

That's a new one. If you're looking for usefulness, I'd go with raidbots epic membership, but that's definitely not what you're looking for so here's a better one. Prize would be the ability to change the guild's name temporary to anything they want, as long as it's not against the ToS of course.

I will be heading to bed now, but I will answer every single question regarding anything once I wake up. We'd love to join you guys. Finger crossed.
Last edited by pravum on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pravum

Re: 3 Egyptians, 1 guild (hopefully)

Postby Tetania » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:57 pm

Oooh a three way...

Question the first:

Was Mists of Pandaria,
a) a garbage racist dump of an expansion, or
b) the best expansion ever to grace WoW?

Question the second:

Are monks
a) the master class, all things to all men, or
b) a waste of game resources.

And then the only serious question I have is, given we have a fair few healers in raids already, how happy are your healery friends to rotate to dps when needed?
Tetania

Postby Ckosh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Lo

We're more of a pile amongst the haemorrhoids to be fair.

Raid wise we won't be doing mythics as a general rule. Doesn't mean we never will, but not regularly.

Are you Arabic? I hope so. We need more Arabs.

How do you deal with friendly incorrect racial bantz? Eg regular comments about hummus?

Are you a threesome? Cos I'm sure everyone is thinking it.

If you had to nail jesus mailiah to a cross, what would you make the cross out of and why?

How many people are there in a hexasome?

Dogs or Taylor Swift? Why?

If you could create anything what would it be and why?

I wrote a song called three women, one night. What would the song 3 Egyptians, one guild be about?
Ckosh
Helkpo

Postby Serein » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:15 pm

What goes well with roast chicken?
Serein

Postby Cxra » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:52 pm

How many egg mayo sandwiches could you eat within 1hour?
Cxra

Postby Ckosh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Also your pic isn't showing!
Ckosh
Helkpo

Postby wemwom » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:10 pm

Is it still gay if it's a threeway?
wemwom
Helkpo

Postby pravum » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Tetania wrote:Oooh a three way...

Question the first:

Was Mists of Pandaria,
a) a garbage racist dump of an expansion, or
b) the best expansion ever to grace WoW?

Seeing that it was followed by WoD where half of my abilities were pruned, i'm gonna go with the best expansion ever to grace WoW.

Tetania wrote:Question the second:

Are monks
a) the master class, all things to all men, or
b) a waste of game resources.

If you happen to main monk, then the answer is the master class to all men.
Tetania wrote:And then the only serious question I have is, given we have a fair few healers in raids already, how happy are your healery friends to rotate to dps when needed?

My healery shaman would be happy to play some elemental, but my healery priest would rather wait for the 8.1 shadow rework. I can't blame her.
pravum

Postby pravum » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Ckosh wrote:Are you Arabic? I hope so. We need more Arabs.

We are
Ckosh wrote:How do you deal with friendly incorrect racial bantz? Eg regular comments about hummus?

We find it hilarious. You can tell us that we eat flafel everyday, that we live in pyramids, you could even tell us that we're playing on wooden computers powered by camels running in circles.
Ckosh wrote:Are you a threesome? Cos I'm sure everyone is thinking it.

Unfortunately we live quite far from each other. Geistx is even in another country.
Ckosh wrote:If you had to nail jesus mailiah to a cross, what would you make the cross out of and why?

Are you talking about Mailiah who helped us make this request? If so then I'd make the cross out of cotton candy and sweets.
Ckosh wrote:How many people are there in a hexasome?

Six? Is this a trick question? Is this the wrong answer that will prevent us from joining?
Ckosh wrote:Dogs or Taylor Swift? Why?

Taylor Swift. I'm a commitment-phobe, and Taylor seems to have a very low shelf life.
Ckosh wrote:f you could create anything what would it be and why?

Delicious food that can't make you go fat.
Ckosh wrote:I wrote a song called three women, one night. What would the song 3 Egyptians, one guild be about?

It'd be about how three disgruntled Egyptians finally found a guild that would talk to them about how much they like hummus.
pravum

Postby pravum » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:43 pm

Serein wrote:What goes well with roast chicken?

Another roast chicken.
pravum

Postby pravum » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:44 pm

Cxra wrote:How many egg mayo sandwiches could you eat within 1hour?

According to my calculations, around 8.
pravum

Postby pravum » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:45 pm

wemwom wrote:Is it still gay if it's a threeway?

Of course not with a honey in the middle and some leeway.
pravum

Postby pravum » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:48 pm

Ckosh wrote:Also your pic isn't showing!

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/TEse
pravum

Postby Doctorshark » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:37 am

pravum wrote:
Ckosh wrote:How do you deal with friendly incorrect racial bantz? Eg regular comments about hummus?

We find it hilarious. You can tell us that we eat flafel everyday, that we live in pyramids, you could even tell us that we're playing on wooden computers powered by camels running in circles.

I like this guy.

pravum wrote:
Ckosh wrote:Dogs or Taylor Swift? Why?

Taylor Swift. I'm a commitment-phobe, and Taylor seems to have a very low shelf life.

Sound logic. And the best bit is, she’d write a song about you and how small your Sphinx is.

pravum wrote:
Ckosh wrote:I wrote a song called three women, one night. What would the song 3 Egyptians, one guild be about?

It'd be about how three disgruntled Egyptians finally found a guild that would talk to them about how much they like hummus.

I think they’ll fit right in. Although hummus is fucking rank and should be cast into the abyss, never to return.

My questions to you (I ask serious questions, unlike some of my fellow Pos)

Q1: We’re on a progression fight. You are whispered by an officer and told that your dps/healing isn’t strong enough and you are asked to leave the raid. How do you react?

Q2: You say you want to put raiding as your top priority. Why?

Q3: What is your proudest raiding moment? Examples include: a time when you were the last one standing and defeated a boss, or when you solo healed an encounter to victory after the other healers died.

Q4: You’re in the middle of what you think is a hilarious or epic story and the raid leader tells you to shut the fuck up as he’s trying to call things during the fight. How hurt is your pride?

Q5: How do you walk?
KEL
Doctorshark

Postby Ckosh » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:47 am

Answer away and shout at Kel, Helkpo, Sazerac, Lurconis or Mailiah for an invite!

I'll send you a message on the forum with all the interesting shit you need to know!
Ckosh
Helkpo

Postby Deran » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:38 pm

pravum wrote:
wemwom wrote:Is it still gay if it's a threeway?

Of course not with a honey in the middle and some leeway.

Everyone knows there are only 2 rules to the 2 dude threeway:
- no eye contact;
- 2 balls from 2 different dudes must never touch.

Don't go breaking those rules!
Deran

Postby pravum » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Doctorshark wrote:My questions to you (I ask serious questions, unlike some of my fellow Pos)

Q1: We’re on a progression fight. You are whispered by an officer and told that your dps/healing isn’t strong enough and you are asked to leave the raid. How do you react?

Serious answers then.
If the officer came to this conclusion as the best course of action while keeping in mind what actually happens in the fight (like warrior getting low dps on ghuun for running orb, or resto shaman having less healing than other shamans by the nature of some of its abilities not showing as HPS like spirit link and the 10% max life buff), then I'd be more than happy to take a step back for the sake of the guild.
Having said that, I can almost guarantee you that this won't happen without some kind of outside factor like lag or crashes or something like that.

Doctorshark wrote:Q2: You say you want to put raiding as your top priority. Why?

I perhaps misspoke when I said that. Personally speaking, I'd like to prioritize the type of content that I haven't been able to experience properly in the right environment. As for Ahealer, I'm sure she'd like to progress far in raids. Geistx is pretty uncertain on his future with raiding seeing that his previous experiences were pretty poop, but will probably give it another shot in the unforeseeable future.

Doctorshark wrote:Q3: What is your proudest raiding moment? Examples include: a time when you were the last one standing and defeated a boss, or when you solo healed an encounter to victory after the other healers died.

I asked each of my friends to type something for me to quote here, here's their answers.
Ahealer
getting my first high (95%) percentile on warcraftlogs with low-ish ilvl when just one expansion earlier i was well-geared and was getting 20%, feeling and seeing my improvement was one of my proudest moments

Geistx
"i Solo healed Nighthold normal, 2/1/9, i was overgearing normal by 5 ilvl only, it was hard but i enjoyed my time"

Yours truly
Learning that I could parry Twin Orgon's whirlwind which you normally dodge, so I used the glyph that gave 5 rage per parry, and it was my little secret DPS boost. An actual thought went behind this. Was a breath of fresh air compared to my usual me smash warrior mentality.

Doctorshark wrote:Q4: You’re in the middle of what you think is a hilarious or epic story and the raid leader tells you to shut the fuck up as he’s trying to call things during the fight. How hurt is your pride?

Since Ahealer tells me to shut the fuck up when healing on a daily basis, I'm pretty okay with it.

Doctorshark wrote:Q5: How do you walk?

Geistx will answer this one, "If we are talking literally i walk fairly fast, if we are talking metaphorically I identify first where i'm and where I want to go then how to get there, I usually take my time planning, then I start walking as efficiently as possible, while not jeopardizing effectiveness, I'm a firm believer in flexibility though, you have to go with the flow sometimes, but I try to consider my condition all the times, sorry for the long answer, this is just the first thing that popped into my head"
pravum

Postby Doctorshark » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:26 pm

"Like an Egyptian" was the correct answer, but nevermind, you're in now anyway.

https://youtu.be/Cv6tuzHUuuk
KEL
Doctorshark

Return to Helkpii Membership Requests